The research group is multi-disciplinary and led from Swansea University. Its core comprises
- Professor Paul Bennett: a clinical health psychologist with an interest in how people cope with disease and the threat of disease.
- Dr Rachel Hunter: a clinical psychologist who is presently conducting a PhD comprising both qualitative and quantitative studies of the impact of VTE.
A number of other researchers and clinicians are linked to specific projects associated with VTE
- Dr Robert Lowe (Swansea University): a health psychologist with an interest in emotional regulation in response to stressful events.
- Dr Steve Johnston (Swansea University): a neuropsychologist, with an interest in cognitive neuromechanisms.
- Professor Simon Noble (Cardiff University): a physician and academic, working from Cardiff University, with an interest in VTE, particularly in relation to cancer.
- Dr Sarah Lewis (Aneurin Bevan Health Board): a physician running a clinical service for people who have experienced VTE.
- A PhD student is presently being sought to be funded by a Swansea University bursary.
Much of the work conducted by the research group is supported by Thrombosis UK, with whom the group has strong links.
© Swansea University
Hosted by Information Services and Systems, Swansea University